As homeowners, we understand that our roofs are one of the most critical components of our homes. However, when it comes to homeowners insurance policies, it’s essential to check for adequate roofing coverage.
1. Understand your coverage by reviewing your policy
2. Determine your replacement cost coverage to identify if your policy provides replacement cost coverage (RCV) or actual cash value coverage (ACV) for your roof.
3. Check for coverage limitations such as roofing materials or age of the roof.
4. Assess the deductible associated with the roofing claim and the increase percentage of a “Named Storm”
5. Consider adding specific roofing endorsements if you live in areas prone to natural disasters. They provide enhanced protection against hail, wind, or other perils.
6. Get regular inspections. LAP inspections are FREE!